Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, Elder Abuse

At Mendes Weed, LLP, we assist a variety of clients.  Some of our clients are very vulnerable or at risk of neglect.  

We assist elderly persons in financial elder abuse cases.  We assist parents with their children, sometimes when child abuse is suspected.  We assist victims of domestic violence.  

Accordingly, we have thought about our clients during this time of sheltering in place in the context of the current corona virus outbreak.  We have concerns for their well-being during a time when people are advised to stay inside. Will our clients be subject to more abuse? Will our clients get what they need?  Who are the most vulnerable during this time.  

And of course, those persons at risk of neglect or abuse who do not currently have an attorney are even more vulnerable.  How do we help them?

You can read more about this here and here.  

Unfortunately, as we are in uncharted territory with the current state of events and what potential fall out there will be on multiple levels.  If you scroll to the bottom of this article, you can see that many are still trying to gather information to assess the needs of individuals.  The article also provides ways to get involved.  

If you, or someone you know, is at risk of financial elder abuse, domestic violence, child abuse, neglect, or any similar situation, please feel free to reach out to our office – (925) 390-3222. Our office provides flat fee consultations at affordable rates.  We would be happy to assist you with your legal needs in this area; it is at the heart of what we do.  

Please note: We are excited to have a new location to assist you in Jack London Square starting April 1, 2020.  We hope you will reach out to us to schedule an appointment at any of our current locations.  

The tips and materials provided on this page are for informational purposes only, offered as public service. No information on this website should be considered legal advice or used as a substitute for legal advice. For legal advice, you should contact an attorney directly.