Elder Abuse Restraining Orders

If you believe there is a risk that someone is facing imminent danger, call 911.

You can request an elder abuse or dependent adult restraining order.  You qualify for an elder abuse restraining order if you are 65 or older (or a dependent adult) and you have been physically, financially, mentally, or emotionally abused, neglected, abandoned or abducted, isolated, or deprived of necessities by a caregiver.

If you qualify, and if you believe you, or a loved one, needs an elder abuse restraining order, an attorney can assist you in obtaining one.

You will need to prepare, file, and serve your pleadings.  Your lawyer can appear at the hearing with you if you would like. After your hearing, you will need properly serve the order on the restrained person and complete a confidential CLETS information form.

Some of the processes can be confusing and stressful, but your lawyer can make it easier for you.  It is important to protect yourself, or your loved one, from further harm, and obtaining an elder abuse restraining order can be an important step in that process.

See our Elder Law practice page.


Best of the East Bay Attorneys
avvo icon for top attorney
Walnut Creek Chanber of Commerce logo
Christina Weed - Taxation Law Specialist
lawyers of distinction badge 2020


Mendes Weed, LLP is located in Walnut Creek and serves clients around the Bay Area. For your convenience, we also have offices in OAKLAND and Sacramento by appointment only.

Se habla español.

Phone: 925.390.3222

Fax: 925.301.8667


Send us an email

Walnut Creek Main Office

1990 N. California Boulevard
Suite 1020
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

(925) 390-3222

Oakland Office

66 Franklin Street
Suite 300
Oakland, CA 94607

(510) 822-2770

san francisco Office

95 Third Street
2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103

(628) 216-5558

san Jose Office

3031 Tisch Way
110 Plaza West
San Jose, CA 94607

(408) 707-1667