December 15, 2017

Tax Tips for 2017: Are You Tax Compliant?

Become Tax Compliant with the Law Offices of Christina Weed, PCThe end of the year is fast approaching, and if you haven’t already done so, now is the time to make sure that you are tax compliant for 2017 prior to the start of the new year.

An experienced tax attorney familiar with tax law and tax litigation can help you become compliant and remain compliant. Mendes Weed, LLP may be able to help.

Complicated Tax Laws May Lead You to Become Non-Compliant

Even the most well-intentioned tax payer may suffer from non-compliance. Tax laws can be complex and complicated, requiring the assistance of a tax attorney to decipher and direct them to you and your situation.

If you have any reason to believe that you may be out of compliance in matters relating to your taxes, please contact Mendes Weed, LLP.

Examples of Non-Compliance as an Individual

  • Failure to timely file required tax returns
  • Failure to timely pay taxes
  • Failure to timely make estimated tax payments
  • Failure to keep adequate books and records

The IRS identifies non-compliance as:

  • Failure to pay your tax on time
  • Failure to pay back taxes
  • Issues with an audit
  • Non-disclosure of Foreign Accounts
  • Failure to make estimated payments
  • Failure to file timely tax returns

Non-Compliance as a Business Owner

  • Failure to file and pay employment taxes
  • Failure to keep adequate books and records

 Contact Mendes Weed, LLP for Help

Mendes Weed, LLP helps individuals and business orders become tax compliant.  We have offices in Walnut Creek, San Francisco, and Sacramento, but we represent clients all over the United States.

If you have questions or concerns regarding tax compliance, we urge you to visit our website for information regarding tax law. You can also contact us at 925.390.3222 or email us.

Disclaimer: The tips and materials provided on this page are for informational purposes only, offered as public service. No information on this website should be considered legal advice or used as a substitute for legal advice. For legal advice, you should contact an attorney directly.